Friday, February 26, 2010

Hmmm... over a week and no word from me!

Forgive me, I've been busy. The kids and I are thoroughly engrossed in the Winter Olympics. We have studied everything from the host city/country to the sports themselves. We have watched hours and hours of the fascinating goings on. We are even graphing the medals to see which countries do the best (with a great deal of cheering for the US and their standings). It's been a pleasure to preview each evenings tapings so that I know which sports are on and what will be good for the kids to watch the next day. Our little miss is fascinated with Figure Skating (entirely predictable with such lovely costumes and graceful motion) and the boys, who I thought would love things like snowboarding seem most enthralled with Ski Jumping! Of course, being all boy, they have to look at one of the most daring of the sports. I guess I can be thankful they are not speed demons determined to Luge, especially given the tragedy these games began with.

We also celebrated the boys Blue & Gold banquet for Cub Scouts. Being the official celebration of the Boys Scouts 100th birthday made this a slightly bigger deal than normal. The boys helped with the flag ceremony and did a wonderful job presenting their piece of the history of Scouting. They also received their Bobcat Badge along with the rest of the group. I am still very proud that they were the first to qualify. DD occupied herself with a new friend while there. It made me really wish we could find a girl playmate for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment