Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fun! Fun! Fun!

The holidays have creeped up on us as usual. It's not like we don't know they are coming, it's just they seem to be on the way one day and here the next. As is becoming the tradition, we spent Thanksgiving with my DBIL and DSIL. The dinner was fabulous and now we need to cook our own turkey so we have some additional left overs. What we came home with were gone before the weekend was over.

Then DD and I may just have started a new tradition. I felt that since she is doing so well with her ballet class that she deserved to see a real live ballet. Every year the Eugene Ballet Company comes to Anchorage and performs the Nutcracker over the long weekend. They include many local performers, especially children. It's a wonderful way to kick off the season. DD had a wonderful time and I'm sure her cheeks must have hurt by the time it was over. I had almost as much fun watching her as I did the ballet. I think we may just have to do it again in the future.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you had a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, I actually!! made it to Sunday chat for the last part. Missed you. Greenie said you were at the ballet with DD. So nice. I did the same with Elizabeth when she was about the same age. It came to Terrace (the only time it ever came). What a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete