Monday, June 18, 2012

Busy as a bee!

As if I didn't already have enough on my plate, last week I took on a rather large sewing project. It was a last minute decision because I realized with the kids in camp (more on that later this week) I could put the machine on the table and leave it there until dinner. As a matter of fact, there were a couple nights I just moved the machine aside enough for the kids while DH and I sat on the couch. But I got the project done in the 5 days allotted and was able to use it on Saturday (the goal). 
Products for this page can be found at
The bag is a prototype for something I am considering selling. I learned a lot: like it takes a full week to make just one, the top closure does not support the wheel good enough and needs modification, the strap will have to be sturdier and again, where it meets the top needs additional reinforcement, and the inside pockets are actually too deep. But I love how it looks and it did work, so my next one (and yes, I will make at least one more) will include some changes. Hopefully I can get a working model worth the price I will need to charge. Then maybe I can justify a small sewing table that will fit in my bedroom so I don't have conflicts with school and eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment