Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Schools Back in Session

Yep! The boys started this morning. I loved the fact that I could just walk them over and not have to get in the car, fasten all the seat belts and drive somewhere to drop them off. And they start so late! Last year they were at school at 7:30 eating a second breakfast with class beginning at 8 AM. This year they don't even let them in the building until 8:50 with class starting at 9 AM. I'm sure it has something to do with winter daylight, but it just seems so very long from when they eat breakfast until they get to school.

Mostly, I was surprised at how I felt as my daughter and I walked back home. I had been looking forward to a little "quiet" around the house, but it was so silent on the way home even with her little voice singing away. Then she played happily on my bed all morning while I "fought" the computer hardly making a sound. I think I was actually a little lonely with just her here. We will have to find some good ways to entertain ourselves. And I will get used to the quiet and appreciate it again soon.

1 comment:

  1. It's always an adjustment when your house is quieter and more slowly paced. Enjoy the moments, whatever they may be, now. Life comes at you quick and you'll be like me with a semi empty nest before you know it !

    ReplyDelete